FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Home Improvement > Getting Forums Civil Again and the LAN Back to Good Times

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Getting Forums Civil Again and the LAN Back to Good Times  Reply with quote  

It has been brought to my attention that the LAN is likely suffering from all the negative comments, slams and flames, and arguing in the forums.

First of all, let me state that the LAN Party itself is NOT attended by most of the offenders and is actually a very fun and friendly environment. So if you have hesitated coming to a LAN because of attitudes or comments seen in the forums, please remember that anyone can post in the forums. We do not control much of the content, nor do we always agree with it. So please feel free to come to the LAN and know that we will welcome you!

Secondly, I agree with what has been said by several LONG TIME OKGG/OLP members about the conduct in these forums. It has gotten quite out of hand at times, and I think it bears reminding forum participants that at the end of the day, we should all try to respect each others feelings, opinions, and thoughts expressed herein. When posting, please try to think about what you are saying before just hitting POST and moving on to another thread.

Remember that many of us first started posting here as a group of gaming friends, some of whom have left the actual LAN party because of comments and arguments here in an online forum. That is counter productive to our main purpose of having a LAN Party with a group of good friends and welcoming new friends to the LAN.

So can we please try to clean things up in the forums and be a little more respectful in the future. BTW, I can already anticipate that some of you are reading this and just itching to post a smart assed comment, or flame here. DON'T. This is not a joke. I am asking for a little respect for those who frequent the forums, new guests and past, current, and potential LAN Party attendies.

OKGG wants to host good LAN Parties. Our forums have been a great wealth of information, and fun over the years as well. Let's get back to the idea of being respectful and civil to each other here so that we set a good image for the OKGG LAN. I'm not saying we have to become goodie two shoes, just keep it civil.

Thanks to several of you who brought your thoughts to me and asked me about getting the LAN back in good standings.

So with that said. the OKGG would very much appreciate the attendance of any new LAN Gamers at our monthly LANs, as well as ask those of you who have not come in awhile to return and join our regulars for a great time with a group of people who share head to head gaming interests.

PS: For those who don't know it, we recently banned excessive horseplay at the LAN and enforce the rule of no one touching other peoples property or tampering with their systems in any way. We did this to protect our attendies personal property, though no one has really ever done any real harm. Mostly is is to show each other respect and courtesy. Thanks to everyone who respected these reinstated rules, and understood why we put them back in play at recent LANs.

Last edited by Goahed Makemyda on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Too much of this going on huh?

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I welcome our new hands-off-my-buttocks overlords.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

Who is currently staff for the lan party?

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

also...lol.

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

wow

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:46 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I have this to add...

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:50 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Ranger283
Scrotal Sack Ninja

I'll grab your butt any day dan!

www.speedyserving.com

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

GeneticWeapon wrote: Who is currently staff for the lan party?
Question

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:40 am  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

GeneticWeapon wrote:
GeneticWeapon wrote: Who is currently staff for the lan party?
Question

Goahed, Bobacus, and I.

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:36 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Lurker Staph = Me. Wink

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: