FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Hot Deals > Keep on the lookout for: Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Keep on the lookout for:  Reply with quote  

I figured I would make a sticky thread for stuff people are looking for so that if others happen to see a hot deal for one they can post it in the hot deals forum.

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

Cheap Whores?

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
HaMMerHeD
[H]ard 4 OKGG

GbE Switches, at least 5 ports please.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 am  View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

NewEgg.com has the NetGear Prosafe 16 Port Gigabit Desktop Switch (GS116NA) for $165 - $25 rebate [Exp 12/31] = $140 with free shipping. Get the RjTech Uno-02 Slim DVD Player for free with it. It allows you to integrate 10, 100, & 1000 Mbps devices on your network, with speed indicators built into each RJ-45 port.

Here

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:35 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
HaMMerHeD
[H]ard 4 OKGG

Yes, see I was hoping for something very cheap..like $20 cheap. They have one for $29 on the egg, which may not be a bad choice, but I don't know "Trend Networks" at all, and it is probably a crap switch. The cheapest I could find that was reputable was a 5-port Netgear (old school blue brick style) for like $40.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:54 am  View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Here is a 5 port netgear switch $28 after a $10 MIR, although the TrendNet one might not be bad, but who knows.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

ahh, you didn't give a price range. But TrendNet is certainly cheap. Just bought a parallel printer server from them and its pretty much the cheapest POS I've ever seen, but its working. For how long, I don't know. Smile I think I would go with Bo-back-us' netgear suggestion over the trendnet, personally.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

i got used to my 3 monitor setup at work 1 - 1600x1200, 2 - 1680x1050, so now that i'm doing freelance stuff at home, my 2 at 1280x1024 just aren't cutting it.

i'm looking for the best bang for the buck on lcd's. i've got 2x19" and would like to add a third, or maybe ditch em both and get 2 others, if the price is right. basically i want more desktop real estate. i was looking at 2x22" vs getting adding a 24" into the 19's mix. dell's got a new 24" for less than $500, i could have it here tomorrow for $535, but i've found a few $500 or less 24" monitors at best buy and microcenter (will prolly go look at them later today).

the dell outlet has 22" @ 1680x1050 for $240, so i could pick up 2 of those and still be cheaper than a single 24".

the only thing i don't like about these cheaper monitors is some don't have dvi-d and height adjustment on their stands, something i care about having.

i just don't know what to do. help me spend some money. strichauge

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:27 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

FYI - I sell these:

http://www.npsg.com/flatscreenmonitorarms.html

Cost is anywhere from $125-$225, they are HIGH quality arms. It is an ancilary product line we sell, and we use it in our offices for monitor arms and the flip charts are bad ass too.

So don't worry about monitor bases too much.....

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Nim, I think if your looking for real estate, then 3 22"ers are probably going to be more benificial to you than a single 24" jobbie. Personally, it just rubs me the wrong way to mix sizes and types of monitors in a multi-monitor setup. I just cant use a setup like that. Its too distracting. So If I were you I would find some good deals on some 22"ers out there. Dell makes some good models, but just like almost everyone else, they use cheaper panels for their 22" monitors. So only get a Dell if its a good deal. I personally really like my 22" ViewSonic, and its only $200 at CompUSA right now (refurb), so you can go and look at it in store to see if you like it, and if you do order up 3 of them. Its a TN panel tho but it does a good job dithering IMHO.

Your a graphic designer? So colors are important to you, so it might not be the best idea to cheap out on you rmonitors if you are going LCD. Read this Wiki for some interresting diferences between the panel types.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

There is some controversy on this deal but it looks like OfficeMax has the Soyo 24" LCD on sale from November 3-10 for only $299.00 out the door. The controversy is the type of panel it uses. But the majority seem to think it uses a "AU Optronics P-MVA (M240UW01 V0) Panel. the panel is not a TN 6 bit but a true 8 bit panel". You might be able to get by with 2 of these for the same price, and it be a better type of panel. No link, its in store only so bonus is you can go look at them in the store.

Review

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I hate to triple post, and even more so to link to the limp H, but a forum member there put together a good post so the [H] had nothing to do with it, so I feel a little more comfortable about it.

This links to a nice post about the different types of panels, why some are better than others at diferent things, and common monitors and what type of panel they have in them.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

It doesn't work... Oh wait, I know why!

What I find really funny is that it let me install.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blu
Step on my cubes.

TehDanMan wrote: It doesn't work... Oh wait, I know why!

What I find really funny is that it let me install.

wrong thread maybe?

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

well, shit, i should've read this before going to microcenter. i ended up getting a samsung 245bw for $500. i might have to go to office max to check out the soyo 24"er. for $300, that's insane!!

so far though, absolutely love the size of this 24" and the res. i ended up springing for the 24" cuz there was no difference in res between the 20", 21" and 22" at the store. they all ran 1680x1050. i wanted something a bit more if it was to be my main monitor and where i'd be doing my gaming.

if office max has those for $300, i may pick up 2 and then sell my 2 19" and not worry about 3 monitors.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Stealth
I Read Insults for Dummies & Still Fail.

When you sell your 19s, holla at me. Wink

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

okay, so the office max had 2 of the soyo's... i picked em up. so now i've got the samsung running side by side with the soyo, and i must say, the samsung looks much better in the color vibrancy department. the colors are crisp and vibrant without being too over contrasty or bright. even messing with the onscreen menu color controls on the soyo, i can't get it to look as good as the samsung. the samsung also has a height adjustment on its stand and a much smaller bevel than the soyo.

now with all this being said, does that mean it's worth the $200 extra for the samsung? i dunno. i'm gonna have to do some photoshopping, some game playing, etc., to see if i can reeeeally tell a difference in the two monitors. i'm thinking i might just keep the 2 24"ers for only $100 more than the price of the single samsung.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

Brules wrote: FYI - I sell these:

http://www.npsg.com/flatscreenmonitorarms.html

Cost is anywhere from $125-$225, they are HIGH quality arms. It is an ancilary product line we sell, and we use it in our offices for monitor arms and the flip charts are bad ass too.

So don't worry about monitor bases too much.....

Are they Ergotron quality arms?

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

nimda wrote: okay, so the office max had 2 of the soyo's... i picked em up. so now i've got the samsung running side by side with the soyo, and i must say, the samsung looks much better in the color vibrancy department. the colors are crisp and vibrant without being too over contrasty or bright. even messing with the onscreen menu color controls on the soyo, i can't get it to look as good as the samsung. the samsung also has a height adjustment on its stand and a much smaller bevel than the soyo.

now with all this being said, does that mean it's worth the $200 extra for the samsung? i dunno. i'm gonna have to do some photoshopping, some game playing, etc., to see if i can reeeeally tell a difference in the two monitors. i'm thinking i might just keep the 2 24"ers for only $100 more than the price of the single samsung.

Thats kinda disapointing to hear about the soyo's. Was thinking on one for myself. But I think I might hold out then a little longer.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:56 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Brules, I need a dual monitor arm strong enough to support 2x Dell 24" LCD's. Post or PM me links.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: