FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > August LAN Party Poll: PLEASE VOTE ASAP! Goto page 1, 2  Next

Should the OKGG Have a LAN in August 2005?
Have a LAN at YRUC, I'll Be there and I'm going to sign up now.
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Have a <10 player LAN at another location, like a Staff member's house.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Have a LAN at my house or location....see post below.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Cancel the LAN until September because of QuakeCon and Heat!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

August LAN Party Poll: PLEASE VOTE ASAP!  Reply with quote  

With QuakeCon coming in August, the staff of the OKGG is faced with a question.

Should the OKGG have a LAN in August?

If so there may be a big problem with the A/C at the Yukon Roundup Club. It may have a problem handling the extreme heat plus all the computers. Also we will have to get 10 people to host it at the YRUC

Our altewrnatives are we could do a small LAN at someone's house, or not have a LAN again until September.

Personally I would still like to get together, especially since I had to miss the July LAN and I am eager for some BF2, UT2K4 and FlatOut action!

But we need to get a plan going ASAP and get the sign-up opened if we're are going to pull it off. Until the sign-up clears, if you DO PLAN TO COME, please post below. I will ask Sevnn to clear the sign-up in the next day or two, and once it opens, please sign up if you plan to come.

Vote below ASAP! We need an answer before the 26th of July. This is a 7 day only poll.

If we have the LAN at someone's house, admission will still be $10 and the OKGG Staff will decide how to reimburse the host for the event. We can also order food as usual if everyone so desires.

If you have a place where 10 people can LAN, please post your offer below. The OKGG has a 24 port gigabit switch, ethernet cables, and power cables, all we need is the space, about 40-60 amps of power, and good airconditioning! Oh yeah, and about 4-5 8' tables or desks for people to put their computers on!

Let's LAN in AUGUST!

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

I can host about 10 people at my house, wife permission providing Smile however it will be spread out and excessive cursing and such will be out.... We can fit 4 players in the dining room, 4 in my office and a couple in the living room but I have to ask permission first....

If anyone else has a better place I would GLADLY come there instead! But I want to LAN so I am making a tenative offer.

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

I won't vote since my opinion shouldn't matter.

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I voted for the YRUC. I thought it was pretty cold in there last LAN and it was like in the 90's wasnt it? But I'll go most anywhere the LAN is, unfortunatly, unless you want to host it in my 2 car, non-air-conditioned garrage, I have no way to provide space.

Count me on the list no matter what.

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:08 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'll go wherever even though I voted for YRUC. I'll be fine with the warmth if its too hot. As long as it doesn't get above 85 I'd be fine. I'll bitch, but I'll be fine ;-D

As for shinare's garage, thats fine with me. As long as I can visit him in his bedroom of course.

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

wait, is quakecon on the second Saturday in August?

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Well shit. I hate to do it but I voted for the YRUC. Sad Last month the temp inside got to 76/77 degrees, and it was only 92ish outside. So we may be majorly fuxored for August.

So in preperation.........

BRING A FAN TO THE LAN!

Preferably a large box fan.......

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

or one of those new portable a/c units

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Man if anyone has a 110v portable AC that would be awesome, I would go to YRUC if we bring fans or AC!

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Portable AC unit would be bad ass.........

Have pickup, will transport. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

WOOHOO!!!! 1st on the signup list!!!

Schweeeeeet

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I have a lead on a new location, details to follow.

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

We gotta have 10 to be at the YRUC.....everone who plans to come, sign-up and show-up PLEASE!

We need to invite friends and bring newbeeez. It's time to get BF2 in gear. Why settle for 10 man LANs, invite people from work, online friends, etc. Let's get a 23 man LAN together and REALLY heat up the YRUC!

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Dont forget that my OKGG Custom Case will be up for grabs at the next LAN!!!

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

UT2k4 1v1 small map full weapons? Smile

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

Yeah, that sounds great!

Hey Shinare, do you still want this full tower that I have? I'll bring it.

Everyone invite a friend or 3 and lets overheat the LAN!

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Yah, bring that baby so I can MOD it! Cool

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
nUgZ
pwn3d

i and a few other would come probably if you added a bit of cs... I have never made one of your lans yet! btw we are an older group of gamers!

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brules
M F C E O

nUgZ wrote: i and a few other would come probably if you added a bit of cs... I have never made one of your lans yet! btw we are an older group of gamers!

Come on over, I guarentee if you play CS several of us would join in. Wink BF2 is the game of the hour though...... Smile

Post Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

We're doing this on the 6th right?

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: