FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Home Improvement > Color or B/W Sponsor gif's

Color or B/W Sponsor gif's
I like them in Color
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
I Like them Gray
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No Preference either way.
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
GoodBoy

Color or B/W Sponsor gif's  Reply with quote  

I think that the sponsors images should be in color. They are sponsors after all, with the whole point being to have a bit of visibility to their market in exchange for things they do for the lan party. Also I think the B/W (grayscale) is ugly.

Other's think they look better gray.

What do you think?

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

B&W sponsers images go with the layout.

if they were in color, it would look like they were just thrown on the page as an afterthought. i can't tell you how many sites are good except for the slap-dash sponser image(s). that's not what good design is all about. i wrestled with the conflict of sponser image placement when designing the overall layout. and this is what i have come up with. they do appear on all pages (minus the forums) to give them the "airtime" they need. this is a step-up from the old OLP site, which just had the sponsers on the home page. and they rollover in color to give it a "kick."

do the sponsers play that big of a role in our lan that we want to draw THAT much attention to them? i don't think so. people come to the website for the forums, to signup, and to hopefully to read the news updates. i'm willing to bet very few of our visitors click on the sponser links.

sponsers have given us swag and and tourney prizes, and that's it. would people come to a lan that has no swag or prizes? yeah. we've been doing that for years.

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

As much as I think k_os is the WORST ADMIN EVER, and a bitch, a slut, and a whore....wait, what was I saying....oh yeah, I agree w/ him.

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

thanks so much, blu. =P

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Same here.....it's cool looking. I say let it be unless one of the sponsors throws a hissy fit or says something.

If Nvidia wants to bitch and moan, I am sure ATI would like to take their spot.

They have been doing that alot lately.....

Twisted Evil

Brules

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Designers..... they always take things soooooo seriously Rolling Eyes

Wink

Post Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

i think the whole site sux ass just cuz K_os did it!! Razz hehe, j/k man

Ripping apart SR20DET's sucks...

Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

they look somewhat better in gray. but that's not really the issue, is it Goodboy? ultimately we should display their banners as they want them presented. if they didn't specify how they were to be presented at the inception of their relationship with okgg, then going with gray should be acceptable (until such time as they bitch about it). however, in the case of nvidia, I think okgg is obligated to not screw with their preferred banner colors, since it is my understanding that they DID specify that the banner was to be presented "as is".

Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:52 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: