FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > AliceSML79's Editing Lan PC the Pink Pulverizer Project

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
AliceSML79
Sand Filter

AliceSML79's Editing Lan PC the Pink Pulverizer Project  Reply with quote  

Hello my name is Alice and I'm new to the group. I am supposed hoping since I am no somebody could look at my computer build and tell me if it would be a good editing and land computer for gaming at the parties. I hope it will be good anyways I spent a lot of time picking out parts. Like the motherboard I chose would have Dual M.2 SSDs. And then I'd have a 2 to 3 very large SSDs are one very large 3.5 hard drive for mass storage. I'm just not sure if the 3.5 inch drive will be able to fit in there with the water cooler and push poll. If I go with the large SSD 2.5 inch I will have it set up in a raid configuration on two of them. I do know the power supply is overkill but it's a better future proofing for whatever the future may hold and graphics card and processor power requirements. Some of the parts are cosmetic to go with the pink pulverizer name.

Pink Pulverizer Project: http://a.co/es4p3jN
* SilverStone Technology Mini-DTX, Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Computer Case SG13P Pink
* SilverStone Technology 120mm RGB LED Fan Guard / Grill FG121
* SilverStone Technology RGB LED 8 Port Hub with 2 RGB Light Strips LSB01
* Silverstone Tek Professional Slim 120mm Fan with Fine-Tuned Performance and Low Noise Cooling FW121
* Silverstone Tek Durable High-Performance All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler with Dual Adjustable 120mm PWM Fans Cooling TD03-E
* SilverStone Technology Strider Series Fully Modular 800W ATX Power Supply with 80 Plus Titanium PS-ST80F-TI
* Seagate 10TB BarraCuda Pro 7200RPM SATA 6GB/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive???
* Samsung 850 EVO 4TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
* Samsung 960 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
* Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4 DRAM Memory Kit, Black
* Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K
* ASUS ROG Strix Z270I Gaming
* ASUS ROG Strix GeForceĀ® GTX 1080 Ti OC edition
* Samsung UN60JS7000 60-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
* Sonos 5.1 Home Theater System PLAYBAR, SUB, PLAY:1 Wireless Rears Combination
* Universal Table Top TV Stand for 32" - 60" Flat-Screen Televisions
* MEALINK HDMI Cable 35ft(10M) - HDMI 2.0 Support 4Kx2K - Pure Copper Wire - High Speed 18Gbps - Gold Plated Connectors - Ethernet, Audio Return,UHD 4K 2160P, 1080P, 3D
* Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | USB Flash Drive
* Cyberlink PowerDVD 16 Ultra
* Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X10
* Corel PaintShop Pro X9 Ultimate
* CLIP STUDIO PAINT PRO

Last edited by AliceSML79 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Epic bot post lol....

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AliceSML79
Sand Filter

why do you think I'm a bot? Using my iPad to post so have to copy paste a lot. Sadly I'm losing my iPad in a few days because contract is up and can't afford to keep it

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bladedancer314
Jizzback

these bots will take over soon, damn you skynet

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Yeah, I actually looked into it when I first saw it (but didn't reply).

Not a bot. Razz

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
AliceSML79
Sand Filter

Well I get the Skynet joke from the terminator movies. But did you forget they rename Skynet to Genisys in the last movie?

But seriously I am not Skynet. I am a 38-year-old handicap female. Just because I'm a girl that likes computers, why do I always have to deal with that shit?I know people don't buy that I'm a girl but I am or that apparently I'm a program called skynet. I suppose I should be flattered that you will consider me smart enough to destroy the entire world and the human race.

But is it just the way to haze a newby to the group??? Because it is kind of a weird way of doing it. But I do assure you I am a live human. And this bill is actually something I want to do so if somebody could please tell me if it's a good builder not I would greatly appreciate it. And if you must know for truth you can always come by my house in broken arrow Oklahoma and met me approval on that Skynet.

Thanks in Advance, Alice

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Don't let these guys get to you....they have seen the worst the internet has to offer and it has made them a little jaded.

Anyway, welcome to the group. Looking over the build it looks pretty good and very high end.

Some observations:
- Mini ITX builds are more challenging than standard as the size is so small/and limiting. Also a pink case build intrigues me, very unique. Not me....but very interesting nonetheless.

- For storage needs. My standard go to is a smallish SSD/M.2 for the OS and a large HDD for storage. You get above 512gb on SSD's and price climbs waaaaay faster than the storage size. Having that SSD/HDD combo is the best bang for your buck. Also with that case the less hdd/ssd's the better. If it were me I would go with the M.2 for the OS and then choose between 1 performance HDD or two SSD's in RAID depending on my needs.

- combo of pretty much the fastest processor and GPU available will handle 4k resolution well. Although pairing a 60" very un-portable TV with a very portable Mini-ITX build is interesting. So unless your just setting up a home station and have separate hardware to grab and go.

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Well because your first post looks like a bot post as everything on that list is the most expensive of what you can get lol.......

1st post should always be: Hey fuck you guys! Smile

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

^

Basically what he said.

Edit: Vince, not Brules. STOP POSTING RIGHT BEFORE ME

Post Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I just go to my link and see what other people do.

http://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#sort=a2&page=1
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:13 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
AliceSML79
Sand Filter

Yeah should've explained the TV is for the home use only. I want to get a secondary monitor that I can take with me very easily on a light pack. I still don't know what the best monitor to do for that would be so that's why I haven't put it in the list yet. And I do know a lot of the stuff is the best of the best but I have made several sacrifices. Like I know then I TXX 99 motherboard, technically two made by as rock. And that has a special cooler bracket that will work with an H60 or an H80i cooler. I also know of a xenon 22 corps 44 thread 2.2 GHz. So there is ways to make this bill way more expensive. But since I'm also planning to do content creation I wanted to go with the i7 7700k versus the i5. I don't know if anyone knows what second life is anymore. But I love the BJ on there when I have the equipment to do so. And running second life and a good mode while DJing eats up a shit load of processing and ram. And ass are going with ASUS brand equipment I just chose it because of the software. The auto overclocking features and fan control it's either main reason for the ASUS hardware. I may be text savvy but I am not talented enough to manually overclock something on my own. Plus I want to safely overclock I could actually use. The software errors on the side of safety stability. And as for going with Nvidia. It's because my brother Chris Ray Arthington who passed away in 2010, worked for Nvidia making beta drivers. Also not to mention the driver for a television on HDMI 2.0. as for going with the hard drive I'm not even sure it will fit in the case with the water cooler.

Anyways I can make improvements and lower the cost I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance, Alice

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:00 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AliceSML79
Sand Filter

Also should I buy from Amazon.com or should I spend a little more and go through a company like newegg.com???

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:11 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AliceSML79
Sand Filter

I bee looking at Build advice on okgg and linustechtips forums. And I came up with a better gpu option and 3 possible motherboards. I'd like to know what people think Iof the options I chosen. The stinger had dual m.2 support which why I originally chose it. But I suppose 2x Samsung 960 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD's is overkill.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FOUNDERS EDITION
EVGA Z270 Stinger
ASRock Z270 Gaming ITX/ac
ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac
Noctua Low-Profile Quiet CPU Cooler NH-L9I *** Uggly Fan, May upgrade to black noctua.
1x Seagate 10TB BarraCuda Pro 7200RPM SATA 6GB/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Hard Drive (Media Drive)
1x Samsung 850 EVO 4TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (Steam Drive)
1x Samsung 960 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (OS/Program Drive)

Thanks in Advance, Alice

Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:22 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I read your post shortly after you made it but had a tough time taking the build seriously. No offense, but a new person coming in asking for advice on a $9000+ build before you bring in the TV/monitor is strange. If you can afford such a build, great, but it is massively overkill for most purposes. The CPU and RAM are reasonable, but do you need 16 TB of SSD? If so, go for it, but most reasonable builds would put in a 512 M.2, add in a large storage drive, and call it a day. That would cut your cost by about $6000k.

Have you used other content creation software besides Corel? At the scale you are building, that seems like building a twin turbo V-8 sports car and putting it on bicycle tires. You should be looking at Adobe Creative Suite at a minimum.

Have you used a 4K 60" before? You included a 35' HDMI cable in the build so I'm guessing you are looking for a setup that allows you to have the monitor across the room. I've not seen this type of setup in use, but I am concerned that DPI scaling will cause much of your interface to be too small to read well at a distance. I run a 4K 32" at home and love it, but I can't image in being more than a couple feet away. You also need to make sure that the TV and the video card are both capable of doing 60 FPS over HDMI. I run my 4K monitor on display port and it takes a special mode to do 60 FPS. The new HDMI specs support 60 but that doesn't mean the TV will actually do it. Its much harder for the TVs to do that rate.

If you can find a similar case that is slightly bigger, it will give you more room for W/C, more room for that big video card, and open up options for MicroATX which would give you more PCIe options and 4 slots of ram.

Post Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:46 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Ditch the SSDs, get an m.2 drive. The 1tb 960 Pro Samsung, while expensive is less expensive than 16tb of SSD, and will give much better performance than a raid of SSDs. Then get a couple spinning disks for storage. I upgraded to m.2 960 EVO Samsung and love it. I second sevnn's opinion that the TV/Monitor will be hard on the eyes because of DPI issues unless you're sitting right in front of it.

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:37 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
redivulpis
TK'er

I'd steer away from the L9i. It's a great cooler for anything below about 85* TDP, and most i7's are 95* and above, so the cooler would be working REALLY hard to keep it cool. If you're dead set on that cooler, it'll technically work, and you could even look into their 65mm model which is a little taller. I have essentially the same case and was able to fit a Cryorig C1, which is 74mm stock. I've even got a standard Noctua Redux 140mm fan on it and it just barely fits under the PSU. Fantastic cooler though.

Dan's recommendation on the SSD's is a good option, I'm thinking of doing the same thing fairly soon.

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: