FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Home Improvement > ReCaptcha is being F@#$y.

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

ReCaptcha is being F@#$y.  Reply with quote  

What the hell is up with the ReCaptcha?

You're not reading that wrong. It required an "Alt+0251" in order to accept the entry. I got 3 examples in a row that required German characters to be entered. I finally looked up the required character in "charmap" after the first 2. I know we're not typical computer people, but that's going to make it rather perplexing for a number of people to sign up.

Just saying. Confused

Post Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I got one too, however secret to captchas, the clearer word is the only one that needs to be spelled correctly. You could have done poste publico and it'd work. I've had these come up before, and every time I didn't need to use the accented characters. Also, capcha uses your browser's settings to determine the chars used. If you have additional language packs intstalled, this is not unusual.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

That's what I'm saying, Dan, that day, it would not take it spelled plainly. It wanted the German characters. I tried it twice normal. Though, it does seem to be fine now. BTW, only language packs I have installed are Mandarin Chinese and Japanese. slash But like I said, either way it doesn't seem to care now.

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: