FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Rainbow Six: Siege Closed Beta Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

I gave in and got it.

It's definitely fun, but anybody planning for the LAN should be aware that you need to do the tutorial missions/rank up a bit to get multiplayer stuff.

There are different operators with different equipment, broken up by the agency they work for. Two attackers and two defenders for each agency, with five agencies. Only one person per team in multiplayer can have an operator. So each person needs to have enough to select one somebody else doesn't have. They're relatively quick unlocks, I did 5-6 of the scenario (training) missions last night in an hour-and-a-half or so and have enough points to unlock several.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:04 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So its good? Think we can LAN it?

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

I would say so, it plays quite well. Still has a lot of bugs apparently (though I haven't run into any.) Only bump in the road being the having to unlock some of the operators first, and until everyone is rank 5 we can't do 10 people in one game because custom games are locked to that level.

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Im buying this then!!!!!!

Who else is going to get it?!?!?

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Ok this looks like a damn good time. Looks like OG RB6 except the AI is real ppl:

Link

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Finally got some multiplayer in last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it, slow paced, careful setup and prep. Really tense moments playing as defense and lots of paranoia about traps and sneaky fuckers playing as attackers.

Link

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:36 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Fuck that looks fun!

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Well shit, went to add it to the voting list, it's already there and I didn't vote for it.

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:46 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Sweet! They're doing a free weekend THIS weekend. Let me know if you want one of my codes. If anybody else bought it go here and get codes to share.

https://rainbow6keys.ubi.com/en-US

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:34 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I will have 4 codes as well. I just bought it and am downloading now. Will post up when I get the codes!

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:30 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Also tested with Ten's machine and it's possible to install the Uplay version (the one this code unlocks) using the files from the Steam version. So setup should be pretty quick.

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Ok so I now have 250 hours into this game and it is fucking EPIC fun.

Takes about 20-30 hours before you start to get a good feel for it. Once you learn the ropes (this is not a rush spray and pray) you will start to get better.

This is a teamwork and communication shooter. You slice the pie, angle shoot and have to know the maps like the back of your hand.

Yes, has netcode and hit box issues - but it is fun as hell.......

Post Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Anyone else have this and wants to learn to play - let me know. I have like uhhh......700 hours in it lol. Steep learning curve, but its solid as hell and quite fun once you learn how to play. It is NOT your typical run and dumb style shooter. It is ALL tactics, movement, angles etc.

They have made major strides in net code, balancing, hit boxes etc and BIG strides vs hackers.

So if you have it or just bought it on steam sale and are like WTF did I get myself into (online play is one HELL of a steep learning curve) - I can help you out.

Post Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: