FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > RUST Helicopter takedown

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

RUST Helicopter takedown  Reply with quote  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THAQR6SyQY&feature=youtu.be

3 of us take down a heli.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Context?

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

RUST is a survival game, taking down a helicopter is pretty challenging and a lot of fun. Typically there are only a few groups on a server that can take down one successfully. Helicopters come every few hours and fuck everyone up that isn't hiding. We shoot them down and get loots instead of hiding for 15 minutes like everyone else.

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Here are a couple more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkNXzwE20Qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIfUYs93Io

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

A little more info.

Helicopters come every 3 hours. They fire rockets and a mounted LMG at you. Most everyone runs and hides from the helicopter. Some even try to take it down and fail, its happened to us a few times. The helicopter drops loot when destroyed that you can only get from the helicopter. One of these items is the M249 which is pretty much an unstopable force. We use the M249 for base defense and taking down more helicopters. You'll see in one of the videos a barrage of bullets coming from the base opposite of me. This is the m249 in action. It helps take down the helicopter a lot faster. I prefer using the bolt action rifle, because the m249 eats a lot of ammo, and I don't care if it takes 2 minutes longer to kill the heli.

The reason you don't see the helicopter firing rockets at us is because we are using game mechanics to our benefit. Because people used to attack the helicopter from other people's bases in order to get it to fire rockets at said base, destroying walls, they made it so that if you do not have build privileges, but someone else does, it will not fire rockets. You'll see in the bottom right hand corner building blocked. I built the big ass base across from me, so I have build privilege there. We built a second tower where I fight it from, where one of our guys has build privileges. We used to take it down despite the rockets, but its a lot less work post fight without having to farm resources to fix bases.

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: