FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > The Martian

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

The Martian  Reply with quote  

Everyone needs to either go read or pick up the audiobook of Andy Weir's The Martian.

I assume many of you have already read it and I am just way behind, but I really enjoyed this and hope the movie can live up to the text (doubtful).

http://www.andyweirauthor.com/books/the-martian-hc

http://www.amazon.com/The-Martian-Novel-Andy-Weir-ebook/dp/B00EMXBDMA

Six days ago, astronaut Mark Watney became one of the first people to walk on Mars.

Now, he's sure he'll be the first person to die there.

After a dust storm nearly kills him and forces his crew to evacuate while thinking him dead, Mark finds himself stranded and completely alone with no way to even signal Earth that he’s alive—and even if he could get word out, his supplies would be gone long before a rescue could arrive.

Chances are, though, he won't have time to starve to death. The damaged machinery, unforgiving environment, or plain-old "human error" are much more likely to kill him first.

But Mark isn't ready to give up yet. Drawing on his ingenuity, his engineering skills—and a relentless, dogged refusal to quit—he steadfastly confronts one seemingly insurmountable obstacle after the next. Will his resourcefulness be enough to overcome the impossible odds against him?

Excerpt
Chapter 1

LOG ENTRY: SOL 6

I’m pretty much fucked.

SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Read it back when it first came out on Kindle, should be a good flick - hopefully Ridley Scott doesn't F it all up by letting some dick head shit for brains like David Lindelof get near it......

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ViperX
pwn3d

Brules wrote: Read it back when it first came out on Kindle, should be a good flick - hopefully Ridley Scott doesn't F it all up by letting some dick head shit for brains like David Lindelof get near it......

LOL I took my brother to that movie while it was in theaters still. Fucking apologized afterwards for taking him to such an ass backwards film. At least it looked pretty.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

I really enjoyed this book, didn't know about the movie.

Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

The audiobook is well done. They picked the right asshole to play him. HAH!
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Link

I give up. Watch the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4PCI0NamI

Admin Edit: The BBCode for Youtube doesn't like https. I took the liberty of removing the s from your link and it works now.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Movie exceeded my expectation. would recommend!
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: