FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > ...while I pondered, weak and weary...

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

...while I pondered, weak and weary...  Reply with quote  

Just sitting here staring blankly at my computer watching the rhythmic bouncing of the HDD LED, festooned upon my PC, blink and sputter along. Its percussive bantering interrupted only by short spurts of psychotic thrashing, then settling down to a whispered, soothing stroking again. I am thrown aback to my younger days, a simpler, and yet more complex time of Autoexec.bat's and config.sys's. A time when an errant IRQ conflict due to a newly installed IO card meant reluctantly pulling elusive little black jumpers, the fairy elves of yesteryear, from a forest of copper pins, fleeting your fingers and burrowing themselves down, gleefully taking refuge within a thick lush canopy of carpet below your feet. Lost to the next sweep of the vacuum. A time when you could judge your system health by the activity of the little HDD LED friend, joyfully indicating compliance to each instructed access, joined in chorus by the steady drone accompaniment of the turbo LED. A time when undesired activity of this HDD LED companion was almost assuredly indicative of something foul afoot. How I long for that time. For now, among every service and software solicitation, sanctioned by the Windows environment, this HDD LED, this once complicit companion and educator, has been relegated to reluctant turn signal. How I weep for thee, once regal, now regretful.

-Shinare

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

All I got from it was sitting in your office stroking. EW!

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
magdegreen
Google Harderer

It's very poetic, I like it. .>.<

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

magdegreen wrote: It's very poetic, I like it. .>.<

Thanks, I had the time to think of something to say other than "I hate how my HDD LED blinks all the frackin time now."

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Love it, great work!!

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: