FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Video surveillance system/vendor installation and conf

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goose
Junkie

Video surveillance system/vendor installation and conf  Reply with quote  

We are currently needing to replace our old system at one of our locations. Currently it has about 20 analog camera's and a crap DVR. Needing to move to a digital IP/POE type system. I will be needing to get quotes for a complete system overhaul and one using current camera's with converting them to work with digital system.

We already have a site using OnSSI w/Ocularis, split over 3 servers with a total of 140+ camera's. Space is pretty much maxed on those systems and adding anything else would either degrade image quality and limit recording time. Really not a big fan of the system, but still learning it, so that could be part of it. All inside camera's are Vivotek FD8134 with some 360's and outside vary per location, but they are all Vivotek's.

The current system was subcontracted out and installed by Security Solutions. I have not had any bad dealing with them; however, I know they have had some turnover and the people that we previously dealt with, before I got this position, is no longer there. Also, it could be good to reach out and see what else is out there.

So, what ya think, anything y'all can recommend? Mike, I was going to reach out to you; however, just have not had time to sit down and do it officially.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: