FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > My Cox Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Menos
Broke My Labia

My Cox  Reply with quote  

...got upgraded

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

I am jealous of your huge cox......

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

nice cox

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

My fiber connection currently has loads of users hitting various services, but here is a test I ran. Currently I'm sitting at 70% utilization of upload out of 100mb to users so I only got a partial of the capability. I did a test before I moved sites over to the new connection and was pulling just under 100mb synchronous.

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Woe is me:

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

My Cox is now up to 100u/20d!! Turns out it has been faster for a few weeks but my router wouldn't throughput that much. The hardware is good for 280mb/s using Netgear's factory firmware but DD-WRT was doing too much work and couldn't get above 68mb/s. I switched to Tomato and I'm now doing 92mb/s. Direct to the modem was 102mb/s so I'm looking for faster hardware or going to switch back to factory firmware.

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

I dont feel so bad anymore. I thought my connection sucked.

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 am  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Quit showing your cox to everyone.....this is a PG-13 forum.

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I won't apologize for the size of my cox or your resulting jealousy. Frankly its so big I don't know what to do with it. It's almost too much to handle by myself.

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:16 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Link

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:27 am  View user's profile Send private message
C
TheLetterShe

Sevnn wrote:

Woah man, link stuff that is NSFW.

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goose
Junkie

Figured it was time for me to upgrade from my old Scientific Atlanta dpc2100 cable modem to something that will actually support faster speeds from cox. So, what are ya'll using on your big cox?

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Speaking of cox - is there a trick to hooking up a wireless router to their service that is NOT theirs? My mom has them for service with a D LInk modem, I plugged in my old netgear router and couldnt get it to work. I read you may have to spoof something to make it work? Any ideas?

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

No spoofing needed here. Just make sure everything is powered off first. Then power on modem, followed by router.

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Goose, I don't know my modem model number, but it was something Cox provided... and I had to pay for out of pocket. Now that I think about it, paid for it twice after it died the first time. If it dies again I'll be looking for an aftermarket device.

As for the router, Cox should work with any router you bring to the table. I haven't had to spoof anything. Make sure that the router you are trying is setup to DHCP on the WAN port and isn't using any kind of PPPoE or other authentication system. It should just get an IP/Mask/GW from the modem and work normally. You can also try hooking up a PC to the modem direct and it should work, assuming the PC is setup for DHCP.

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah PC works fine, but the router just wouldnt have it. Will have to spend some more time with it I guess.....

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

Ended up with the SB6141. Has improved from what it was but only have 28/5 package.

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Posting to say I have posted sooner than April of 2010...

Post Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Anyone else on Cox Ultimate been upgraded yet? I've heard of 175 down tests on Ultimate now.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: