FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > iRacing.com OKGG League

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

iRacing.com OKGG League  Reply with quote  

For any of you who would like to participate, we are going to start a small league for iRacing for the OKGG. We are way early into this right now since none of us have even got past our Rookie license, but we are working on it. If you have or get iRacing membership, post your driver name here. We would like to share the referrals so that everyone gets a $10 referral bonus. So before you join, look here and see who to give the credit to and then go sign up.

Right now they are offering 50% off to join. I paid for two years.

We will probably do a lot of Stock Car racing initially but I am definitely up for some legends, Indy car, and Grand Prix racing as well.

As far as I know, these are the iRacing gamers in OKGG right now. If I missed you, please just post.

Mike Ledbetter2
Tyler Daniel
David Morris2

Please give your referral to either David Morris2 or Tyler Daniel if you sign up. The post your driver name, which is usually your real name here and you should be the next that someone gives the referral to. We will start an official league once enough of us get out of Rookie status.

It is tough, it takes a lot of work to earn your way up the licenses, but it teaches you some great driving skills and allows you to race in a professional manner as you get better. In fact it even teaches you good driving behavioral skills that you can use in the real world, racing, or just daily driving.

If you ever played NASCAR Racing 2003, this is made by the same developers, but it is way more real world physics. The cars behave as close to the real thing as you can get.

To control you cars I strongly recommend a good wheel with pedals and a shifter. The Logitech G27 is awesome, as is the Fanatec if you can afford them. If not any good wheel or even a controller will work. I even know people who use a keyboard, but I wouldn't want to. You can pick up a used wheel on Craigslist or ebay too. In fact I may sell my Logitech Momo soon, as I ordered a G27 today. PM me if you are interested in it. It's in good shape and would make someone a great wheel, just no gated shifter w/clutch like the G27, up/down and paddles only.

Anyway....join us, let's have some fun racing in a real world like simulator. I will be willing to pay for private games or tournaments at LAN's if we get 4 or more interested. It's pretty cheap to host private races and even tournies.

Join iRacing.com today and post here!

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:18 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Electrify1 and I are working on our licenses, I think Anreill is too. Once we get them we will be able to set up private races....jump in guys. It's a blast. I just added a Wheel Stand Pro to my Logitech G27 Wheel and Pedals and it made portability and setup a breeze!

I am going to sell my Logitech Momo wheel and pedals. They are in great shape, and not that much use. Any offers? PS: starting offers should be at least $99 according to the interwebz.

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: