FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > ASUS RT-AC68R

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

ASUS RT-AC68R  Reply with quote  

So I sprung on a new bad boy router, the big dog ASUS RT-AC68R AC1900. Does anyone else have one of these yet? Kurt @ Meridian had one and gave it a good review but I'm not very happy with it, especially for the $220 it cost.

It has very good wireless coverage and is handling my entire house with a single device rather than the 2x Netgear WNR3500L devices I needed before. The 5Ghz band has a few black areas but the 2.4Ghz band is handling it all with some room to spare.

However, the admin screen is useless. It tries to load and then goes white screen for 10+ minutes. Opening it in a new tab or refreshing will sometimes get the page to load but not reliably. I've tried other browsers, clearing cache, updating firmware, resetting the device and configuration and nothing solves it.

It is supposed to have a ton of headroom in the CPU side of things but it is only through putting 93Mb/s when my Cox modem provides 103Mb/s. Its faster than my WNR3500L's 83 Mb/s but I'm disappointed that this can't do more than 100.

I'm working on eternal ignore with their support trying to get some help before I return it, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with them first.

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Fatal0E
pwn3d

Got the older 66R here. Typically feeding ~20 devices without problem. Getting 93Mb-98Mb internet downstream. Have not had any admin panel problems.

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Same, I got the older model. The AC one is too new.....love mine.

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I hate Asus products....

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:29 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: