FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Home Improvement > why the limit of only 20 gamers?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
wagex
Sand Filter

why the limit of only 20 gamers?  Reply with quote  

i was just wondering why the limit of 20. i have a group of friends up here we usually have 8-12 people at my house every two months. we are thinking of coming down there where we could interact with more people but that leaves us with being half of the people down there.

i searched around on the forums and didnt see why. if its networking equipment or anything like that i can pitch in.

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Physical space limitation as well as power limitation. Sad

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wagex
Sand Filter

ah that stinks :\

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Network limitation also factors into that number. That could be overcome but we'd still have power, A/C and space limits.

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I don't think the AC can handle 20 people tbh.

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

We have used the conference room as overflow a time or two. But having everyone in the same room is definitely prime far as everyone having a good time and being involved. if we can keep attendance up, though, it may then be time to consider ways to allow for more people to attend.
Finding a bigger location would have it's difficulties given the need for space, ventilation (AC), and sufficient internet connectivity. It's not like an residential internet connection would keep up with 20+ playing anything that requires connection to remote servers. It's easy enough to get two-thirds of that (as we can, sort-of, recall from the round-up club days). But with the current and future selection of games, I wouldn't think it even within contemplation of going back to that kind of situation.

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

Because hookers charge per person.

Post Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: