FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Finally moving on from WoW, sorta, so that means...

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goose
Junkie

Finally moving on from WoW, sorta, so that means...  Reply with quote  

Ok, in 07 when AOL took my nice skate of a job that paid WAY better than it should have and sent it to India, I figured I better upgrade. Now 6 1/2 years later and after almost 10 years of WoW, I have gotten back into FPS.

I have done little upgrades since 07... Went to the AMD Phenom II X4 956 proc and nvidia GTX550ti but my 4 gig's of DDR2 800 memory is starting to show its age, not to mention BSOD's in BF3 which I believe is being cause to one of the 4 sticks having issues. So without spending a ton of money and using my current proc I should be able to get a MB with AM3+ socket and new DDR3 memory. I should be able to suffer through with my current video card; however, when BF4 comes out I will be upgrading that too.

Suggestions??? I jumped on Newegg like I have done in the past to see what reviews and spec's people are using but good god! It seems like every other post is either "this blah is the best" or "they freakin allowed to sell this crap" not to mention people no longer put what they are running with config's or spec's.

So, what ya think?

Post Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

New Mini ITX Mobo and 8 or 16gb RAM, keep your CPU and put a 600 series vid card in it. Should be good to go?

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: