FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Hello OKGG!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Killoginet
Sand Filter

Hello OKGG!  Reply with quote  

Hello, my name is Joey and I am new here. I was reading the rules and there is a 21 year old age requirement.
I have also seen that in the past this has been wavered. I am 18 years old and interested in joining a LAN party in the future.
Would this be a problem? Also what games are typically plaid at said LAN parties?

Post Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 am  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

You can find details of the LAN here: http://www.okgg.org/details.php
Our games list fluctuates but the vote on the roster is a pretty good indicator: http://www.okgg.org/roster.php

Post Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

We have waived it in the past, Killo. I'm not staff, so I can't say one way or the other. I'll say a few things, though. In the past it's gone both good and bad directions with regard to those decisions. It's mostly a matter of maturity level.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 3:00 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

We have two issues with below 21. One is alcohol is allowed , the other is that the owner of the building where we game insists on his place being left in the same condition as when we arrived and no one damages, abuses or steals anything of course.

The best I could say is that you need to sign the waiver, come out and meet everyone and show us what we can expect from you. I'm not trying to out you down but as Drix said we have seen both sides of under 21 behavior and maturity. So come out and get acquainted. If nothing else just come visit us in June and hang out.

Of course you would not be allowed any alcohol or access to it. Other than that it's all about behavior and responsibility.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

And no roaches. OKGG is a roach free gaming area. Smile

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Killoginet
Sand Filter

I can assure you that you will not have an issue with my level of maturity.
And as of coming to spectate the next event this June ill have to check and make sure im available.
I am going to interning at Climate Craft, an AHU (Air Handing Units) engineering company in Oklahoma City this summer.

Also about the cockroaches I can guarantee that will not be an issue as well.
I seen a previous thread detailing that issue and here is a picture of my system to assure you.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 6:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Hahahahha, show us your monitor! Smile Thats where the "nest" was lololol!

Post Wed May 29, 2013 6:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Killoginet
Sand Filter

Haha well its difficult to show the inside of my monitor but I assure you that there is not any infesting insects inside it.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Oh, and FYI - we have a not image in signature rule for the forums. You can have a signature, but no images in it. It's an old fart rule from long ago to keep the forums streamlined and not overblown with tons of images.

I think you will fit right in, as long as you can handle Dan's shoulder humping.....and the initiation spankings.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 7:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I promise to only hump your shoulder as long as you don't like it. If you like it, then I'm no longer interested.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 1:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Killoginet
Sand Filter

Well thats slightly disturbing lol. It seems I must appear to enjoy it then.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I need a flatout fix next LAN. Who is in?

Post Thu May 30, 2013 12:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Dan can tell the difference between truly enjoying it and faking it. Faking it is like catnip. I MUST bring my Xbox controller next month, Flatout is so much more fun with it.

We seriously need to play some PAYDAY: The Heist. I hope some of you guys picked it up when it was on sale.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 11:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Killoginet
Sand Filter

Sevnn wrote:
We seriously need to play some PAYDAY: The Heist. I hope some of you guys picked it up when it was on sale.

I bought it a few days ago, so far its very entertaining.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 12:10 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: