FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > Elfen Lied

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Elfen Lied  Reply with quote  

Yikes?!

Confused

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

There's a lot of WTF in EL, so you might want to be more specific.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:25 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

That was just a general WTF, heh. Only about half way into EP3. I got past the first 9 minutes of EP1 so all should be smooth sailing from here LOL... (from what I've heard) Didn't think I was going to be interested in continuing but it seems to be telling me to watch more.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I forgot to mention this really is my first foray into Anime... I guess I picked a tough one. (only cuz it was at the top of my "recommended" list. LOL

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill

Might try Cowboy Bebop, it's a little more the typical nerd style. Space bounty hunters FTW.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:00 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

EL was recommended to me for the "above average animation and color use" and high level of stylistic art design but was told to "get through" the first 9 minutes. I did, it was difficult. I may continue to watch it though I also may just head on over to Cowboy Bebop, heh.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill

EL is definitely good, but it's not what I would suggest for a first time. Watching subtitled or voice dubbed?

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

dubbed. I just cant stand watching movies with english subtitles. I end up reading the entire movie and not watching it.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Whata terrible choice for your 1st Anime lol.

Go with your standard robot mecha anime.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: Whata terrible choice for your 1st Anime lol.

Go with your standard robot mecha anime.

Honestly, I would say that Bebop is probably THE best first time anime. Some of the mecha stuff drags waaaay out. Not as bad as Dragonball, but still Razz.

Bebop is just a simple 26 episodes and a movie and you're done. And the English dub is one of the best of any anime I've seen. The only real disadvantage is that some anime are very poorly translated (kinda like old Final Fantasy games) and things don't always make sense in the English version.

Edit: We really should fix the issue w/ quoted text font size carrying over to the rest of the post. It even re-sizes the signature.

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

As much as I like Cowboy Bebop and think its not a bad choice for getting a foot wet I enjoy even more cyberpunk than it has. If you're into scifi/cyberpunk Ghost in the Shell is where I would go.

Ghost in the Shell (1996 Movie)
Ghost in the Shell |Stand Alone Complex|: Solid State Society (2007)
Ghost in the Shell |SAC|: 2nd GIG (2009)

The 1996 movie is great and doesn't really involve the story of the SAC, in fact it happens first so is worth watching before SAC. (I think) If you're into keeping things in order. I don't mean to sound like I'm talking down about Cowboy Bebop; I keep those recorded on my DVR b/c they come on TV still late at night and their kind of funny, action is good, and the scifi in it is wild but not the focus.

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: