FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > R.A.T. 7 Game Mouse - On the fritz

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

R.A.T. 7 Game Mouse - On the fritz  Reply with quote  

So my favorite mouse ever is on the fritz - need suggestions for a good gaming mouse that fits a big hand. Any suggestions?

And anyone have a RAT 7 that developes sticky tracking issues after a while....I know thier dual laser thing was much hated, now I know why. Sad Love the mouse, hate the issues I am haing with it........

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Do you have any proper lens cleaning equipment? I'd bet on their being some sort of caked oil and dust combination on the lens.

Past that, If you're in the market, get another. Razer's new software is practically bloatware, and requires an internet connection at login.

I'd still bet on the lens just needing a good cleaning. I'd loan you my kit to do it if you weren't in BFE-Arkansas. Cleaning a laser lens without proper equipment can ruin it, though. So if you don't have a kit, talk to a local camera shop or check Best Buy for one. Or, if all else fails, Amazon can ship you one: http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Complete-Lens-Cleaner-Kit/dp/B000EF3YQI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1353107405&sr=8-9&keywords=lens+cleaning+kit.

I've done this hundreds of times on my lasers and a few times on my laser based mice. Its a pain in the ass with tiny lenses, but it's certainly worth a shot over replacing it.

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I will try that. I have a lens kit from my DSLR......thnaks for the tip.

And yeah I removed their new drivers, what a piece of shit. Love the mouse body, hate the rest lol!

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I second that it is an incredible mouse. I have a RAT 7 and it is easily the best mouse I've ever owned. The stickyness issue has bugged me but it is rare that it pops up. I would really like to hear what you do to fix it.

BTW, if you don't own one and want to try it, BB has the 7 and 3 on sale right now.

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Can of compressed air into the laser eye hole seems to have done the trick. I think it was dirty from picking up lint etc. (cum)

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: