FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Age limit Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

I forgot to mention the girlish scream that eminated from someone sitting next to the roach hotel......

Went something like this:

Link

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Snow685
Sand Filter

Ive actually seen that episode.
But their roaches. They crawl and fly. They wouldn't be bad if they didn't have wings. I want to meet the person that's not afraid of roaches. They deserve a true man award.

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Snow685
Sand Filter

But it looks like im not going to the party. Hope to see you guys in the future.

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

To expand, it wasn't just the roaches, it was the group that brought the roach infested computer. It was a seriously old POS computer that was completely in capable of playing anything reasonably modern. There were 3 guys(I don't remember if they were brothers or friends) that decided they could "share" the computer and still have a good time. They did, and no one else did either. The sat at the end of the table, and argued continuously for the entire lan. We couldn't easily ask them to leave since their parents dropped them off. And when I say dropped them off, I think they might have kicked them from the car as they were driving down MacArthur at a high rate of speed.

If I had known about the roach thing, I would have put them on the street immediately. At the time, the LAN was at my office, my place of employment. My boss was cool with the idea of the party being there as long as we left the conference room and surrounding office areas (bathrooms, kitchen, etc) in good condition. We had great internet, more than sufficient A/C & heat, plenty of power, huge conference tables, and 100+ comfy chairs. Then these 3 kids bring in their roach infested monitor, and IIRC, later admitted to knowing it was infested, and risked that. If one of those roaches had made it away alive and was later discovered by my fellow employees, we would have lost that venue.

We also witnessed very poor behavior from other teens when we co-hosted the OKGG with the ELG. The ELG had a more lax policy on age and had a lot of younger kids in attendance. There was one kid in particular that made it a point to forcefully push himself into every chair that was in the aisle where he parked his computer. He didn't play most of the day, just got up every 5 @#$^@^ minutes to go masturbate in the bathroom or something. I have no real idea what he was doing but if I saw the kid today, I would punch him square in the face for his behavior years ago. We couldn't do anything at the time but I still hold strong resentment for his behavior. The ELG also had hardware stolen on a couple occasions from the younger players.

So far you've carried yourself well in the forums and that holds a lot of importance with us. As mentioned before, we've made exceptions but the real key is for your parents to know that you will be exposed to things that you most likely wouldn't be in other venues. Some parents might be ok with what you might see & hear, others most certainly wouldn't.

Another option for you in the meantime is to look us up on Steam and Origin, and join us on Thursday nights online. Officially the Thursday night gaming is hosted by one of the LAN members at his house, but some of us who can't make it in person join the group online. It isn't the same as being there but it is better than playing random online games with strangers.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: