FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > Corsair, Steelseries, or Razer Peripherals?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
GamerGirlAlice
TK'er

Corsair, Steelseries, or Razer Peripherals?  Reply with quote  

i was wondering which would be a better set of peripherals for playing things like wow. first part im trying to chose between is a keyboard. ill give razer cudos because i had issues with my megladons and always got good service. also they have a few things the other company's don't do well. anyways im rough on keyboards and mice and go threw cheep ones every 3 months so im finally looking into quality ones. here is a list of the 3 keyboards and mouse combos i am considering.

Corsair Vengeance K90 & M90
Steelseries Shift Catholicism bundle & WOW Catholicism Mouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate stealth & naga epic

i like the clean black and blue design of the razer items. also razer has a true 7.1 headset and a matching Xbox pc controller. i like how the corsair ones have aluminum in there builds for added durability. down side to corsair they haven't made any mouse pads. steel series is branded for my favorite game and has a key set specifically for said game, but keyboard is unlighted and i like to play in 3d vision.

so with all this was wondering if you all might be able to give me good advice.

TY in advance, GamerGirlAlice

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Since you're already aware of the SteelSeries/Zboard options, I will just say that I've had one, and am a fan. But as you said, they aren't lighted, if you absolutely need that I personally haven't had any experience with any, but I can put in some input on the mice.

I'm a big fan of the Cyborg RAT series, and have a RAT7 myself (http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm#). They make an MMO flavored version (http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/mmo.htm). I can't speak for the MMO design myself, but I can say the 7 is just better designed than any other mouse I've used. Also, the series can be adjusted for user preference and comfort in ways no other series can.

If you're looking for something a bit more affordable, the Razer Death Adder series (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169416100/categoryId.35208800) is a close second on comfort and design worth, though it's sensors are a step below those of the RATs. Razer, of course, makes more precise one's but for comfort and design the Death Adder is hard to beat. Especially considering the Death Adder can be ordered for lefties as well (http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.182251700/categoryId.35208800).
Of course, Razer also makes various MMO designs. For me a mouse gets too many buttons, and it more said buttons get disabled. Still I've enjoyed every product I've purchased of their's.

Razer and Cyborg both make good stuff. I can't speak for SteelSeries's mice, but I've really enjoyed their keyboards. The only Corsair products I have used have been RAM and flash memory products, I've heard good for their peripherals, but cannot give you any personal feelings on them one way or the other.

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GamerGirlAlice
TK'er

only reason i would prefer a lighted is because when using 3d vision u cant see a no lighted keyboard. i have a razer megladon and i always got great costumer service. i only have a corsair 800d but arrived busted and they sent me replacement parts fast and free

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: