FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Modding > simple mod question

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
GamerGirlAlice
TK'er

simple mod question  Reply with quote  

im thinking of a simple case mod, very simple. if i replace all my fans with xigmatex crystal fans and i got a fan controller. would they dim if i lower ther speeds???

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:04 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brules
M F C E O

I think most LED case fans are on or off.....fan speed doesn't have any effect on their brightness. I got several of the below and really like them. Good air flow, and the LED's are not super blinding bright.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103091

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm on the other side of that fence, I think lowering the voltage to your fans WILL decrease the intensity of the LED's in the fans. *shrug*

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I have a fan controller on mine (4 of them) and the brightness is the same at all fan speeds.

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Coolio, maybe its different for different fans. In the past the voltage I sent to an LED changed the brightness of said LED... *shrug* Current is really what changes the brightness, but decreasing voltage decreases current, right?

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:40 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
GamerGirlAlice
TK'er

i think considering all rthe incositan awnsers, best ting is to get set of black corsair fans and a corsair link cooling kit

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

It varies by the design and make of the fan. So really its a toss up if it dims or not.....

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:34 am  View user's profile Send private message
GamerGirlAlice
TK'er

i found some bitfenix fans that work separately but im afraid to drill a hole in my face plate, dont want mess it up but it would allow me to put the pci slot hydra on a front bay cover to turn on and off leds on the spetere fans they make.

Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: