FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Other Lan Parties > Time to step up

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Paradox22
Sand Filter

Time to step up  Reply with quote  

I know you guys haven't met me except for Anreil but I will be moving to Edmond in January and attending your LANs. Over at OKGamers they do mostly console events, however there is an event coming up at Sapulpa that they are going to use for a test bed.

If plenty of PC Gamers show up and play LOL and/or SC2 or any other game for that matter they will have PC tournaments at future events like Toyko in Tulsa.

I am going to go to this, I am asking that if any of you can go we go. We can form some OKGG LOL groups and perhaps some SC2 groups. I am no good at SC2 and haven't played in ages but we have time to brush up.

I have 1 maybe 2 teammates for LOL already but will probably need a few more.

Its up to us, PC Gamers, if we get future events for the PC.

This would be an amazing chance to advertise for the LAN as well. Perhaps one of you leadership types could talk to OKGamers about bringing a few teams to Sapulpa if we can get the numbers. Then if we have a good turnout we could help sponsor the game room at Toyko in Tulsa.

Again OKGG LAN is only going to grow if we put in the effort. I am willing are you?

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paradox22
Sand Filter

http://www.okgamers.com/forums/index.php/topic,3810.0.html

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I'm enthusiastic about anything that might encourage further community attendance, but there are a couple issues with this idea.

Firstly, I don't think enough of us play LoL (League of Legends) to get any kind of competitive team together in time for it. SC2, *sighs* I play it, not competitively, but we've always been a bit of relaxed group far as playing goes. Though, there is some chance of that being possible.

If we were to compete in anything, BF3, would probably be the best option. Not sure why that isn't on their list when COD:MW3 is listed in the console department. Then again, the OKGamers are a console group and probably have no idea what we play. All that assumes they're involved, which isn't clearly defined. But I cannot locate a separate official website for this event, or someone else organizing it.

Secondly, it's on the third Saturday of the month. We've been small for some time now, but we've had our event's on the third Saturday for years now. I don't think it being scheduled that weekend was intentional, but the overlap is problematic for us.

I'd be fine with attending if it were a concerted effort. But a large number of us attending would mean we'd have to reschedule or cancel our regular monthly event on rather short notice.

Either way, my usual arrival constraints remain, Dialysis ends @ 12:30-1pm, +drive to Tulsa means I arrive @ around 3-4pm if all goes well.

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I pop'ed tihs down to other LAN's just cuz. Smile (not really gibberish)

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Paradox22
Sand Filter

Oh I didn't even look to see what date that was. Bummer, would be cool if we rolled out with some OKGG shirts and setup the LAN there for the evening. Think it would be a good recruitment tool. Still have the LAN just at their site.

I'd assume 1/21 isn't that big of a deal that's like 40 something days out. Anyways it was just a thought, seems OKGamers is central to hosting events and if people don't show up to PC events they won't ever have them.

If we can get 10 people to sign on saying they will come for BF3 we can post that in the thread.

If it doesnt work it doesnt work just an idea.

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Yeah, not sure how the timing would work. Not to mention that we have problems getting people to just drive from Norman to OKC Sad

And Paradox is serious, he and I actually spent an hour or so discussing all this in person awhile back.

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Heck, I'd go. And you know I'm serious, as I do drive from Norman. But I'm not gonna be much use if I show up late by myself. v

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Paradox22
Sand Filter

Welp guess nobody is interested.

Post Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

It's not that we're not interested in going. It's that it is on the same day as our LAN party. Frankly, I'm not skipping okgg for some other LAN party. I don't harbor any ill will toward okgamers, their events, or attendees, but last time someone from there posted here we got yelled at for not sucking his metaphorical dick. Kinda lost interest in the group then. Good luck with the LAN, maybe if you hold it on a day that is not our LAN day you'd get some to come by and kick some ass with ya. Smile

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:43 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Paradox22
Sand Filter

Its not my LAN. Its not even a LAN. Its not even OKGamers event, they are just helping promote it. Its a Supulpa Tech event. Its a Tournament event which will mainly have console events at it but they are adding a few PC tournies. Testing the water persay. I was hoping our LAN could go together to it. Help get more PC tournies/events, promotion for newer people, ect... If we did it as a group we wouldn't be skipping OKGG Lan. We would just be changing the venue.

It was just an idea.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:14 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Paradox22
Sand Filter

I don't want anyone to get me wrong. I am not from OKGamers staff, I don't attend Supulpa Tech. I am moving to Edmond in Jan and will become apart of OKGG. It was just my understanding that OKGG main goal currently was to grow the community.

If it hadn't been for OKGamers I wouldn't have known you guys existed. I know someone came here from OKGamers(Actually Timmy is from hXc Lan Center not OKGamers), and a big bad thread occurred where multiple people looked like idiots. I've read both threads here and on OKGamers when it happened, I have been lurking for awhile.

My thought was that if OKGG rolled out together, wore custom made t-shirts with the logo, website, NW OKC, ect to an event like Supulpa that we might gain a few new members. Yes it sucks it happens to fall on the 3rd Saturday of the month. This wasn't OKGamers doing its when the organizer at Supulpa Tech wanted and I assure you OKGG didn't figure into that at all if he even knew we existed.

The LAN Party is about us playing together right? Not about where we have it. Now if a lot of people just can't make the drive to Supulpa thats one thing but to say we can't have our LAN at another event is a bit mhh to me.

This has way more pros than cons in my opinion. We don't have to pay for a location. We get to spice our LAN up a bit with a new location, more people coming and watching, possible new people joining. We could even wave the 10 fee this month since we aren't paying for a location.

As of right now on OKGamers they don't do PC cause and I quote, " There is no PC community, the only one we know about is in NW OKC(and they do link to us to help promote us) and they don't seem to want to mobilize or care."

I want to change that opinion of us. Mainly what I am getting at is this event will set the tone of future PC events. If we can help we should. In the long run it would only benefit OKGG. If we help out now more than likely OKGG can help host the Game Room at Toyko in Tulsa much like hXc does with the consoles there.

Toyko in Tulsa is HUGE! If we can get on as a sponsor for that event I will guarantee you more people knowing about us.

Maybe I have misjudged the majority here and everyone is fine with having 10 members at every LAN and we don't need to promote ourselves but I'd like to experience what I have read happened in the past where there are 40+ people at the LAN. I just think it can only be beneficial to get involved with the gaming community at large.

If nobody else agrees so be it.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:17 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Paradox22 wrote: Maybe I have misjudged the majority here and everyone is fine with having 10 members at every LAN and we don't need to promote ourselves but I'd like to experience what I have read happened in the past where there are 40+ people at the LAN. I just think it can only be beneficial to get involved with the gaming community at large.

If nobody else agrees so be it.

No, I, for one, definitely agree with you, and want a larger community of gamers. I personally have limitation on my Saturdays because of my health that would keep me from going up with the main group. *shrug* But I've been a laptop guy for years now, attendance for me would not be hard, it would just be a bit late.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I agree, and I'm not hating on anyone. Im not confused as to your affiliation with ok gamers. My earlier post is what happens when you only summarize all of your thoughts into a consise few sentences. Basically makes one sound like a dick, and it may be true. :winkyfacesoyouknowimnotlikemadoranything:

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I look forward to seeing you come to our LAN and I would go to other events but I have limited time for gaming, so OKGG is pretty much my monthly time killer Smile

Post Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: