FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Modding > My Latest Mod...(no dialup)

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

My Latest Mod...(no dialup)  Reply with quote  

Its taken me 4 weeks but I am at the cusp of being done. When we moved in, the room was an "office" and the laundry was in the garage. The previous owner told us that the "office" used to be the laundry room. so I figured the plumbing was probably still there. I've now almost converted it back into a laundry room. Only thing left is to move everything back in this weekend. All work was done by me (except for rewireing the electrical, I had an electrician come do that for me). Here's some pictures, and yes my cell phone sucks at taking pictures:

Before picture, except that I had already tore off the base board molding, red walls, linoleum "parquet" looking tile floor:

I cut open the sheetrock and actually was really close to where the plumbing was, and luckily, it was all still there!

Only problem was they poured something down the drain to close it off, permanently, so I had to cut out the sheetrock and replace plumbing:

I didn't actually take a picture of the plumbing replaced with PVC, but heres what it looked like after I put up new sheetrock:

Here I started to prime all the walls while waiting to the mud and tape to dry on the sheetrock patch:

After sanding and mudding again, and then sanding again, I finally got to prime and paint it all:

Time to tile, I first had to scrape off the linoleum:

Shameless image of me tiling the floor:

Tiling done, waiting to dry:

Grout done, molding done:

Dryer vent installed, ready for operation!

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

pics too small, can't see

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Man nice job! You are quite the handy bitch!

Smile

Looks great, you will enjoy the larger room to get all your chores done!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHA!

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Thanks Bru, its been a lot of hard work actually, I'm still recovering. I said 4 weeks, but the brunt of the work has been in progress only since labor day weekend. I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. There are s couple things here and there that aren't perfect, but hell, I think its a pretty good job for a computer geek. Smile

And about the picture size, I thought when I told Gallery2 to "resize" the images in my sub gallery, that it would do so... not sure why it isnt *shrug*

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:42 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

There's a Playboy bunny logo in your mastic bucket.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 am  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I forgot what you looked like Wink

Nice job, I do that kind of stuff at home all the time.....seems a home is NEVER complete!

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Just an update, moved in the machines this weekend.

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Ooooo em R nice!

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: