FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > What should we do to keep the LAN alive??? Goto page Previous  1, 2

What should we do to make the LAN Party Survive.
I'll attend every month and bring a friend when I can.
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Raise the fee to $15 or $20 and no half day fees allowed.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Move to someone's house and pay them $10 for the trouble.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
I have a venue that you can use free or really cheap!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Shut it down and kill the LAN
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Those were in no way an indictment against anyone in particular. Those were just thoughts I had. My 2 cents, so to say, which is worth even less than that since I have failed to even show up for a while. Things might be a lot better for all I know. Smile

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:32 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

TehDanMan wrote: I didn't know you guys did all that. I thought you only hid his tower. I know everyone always blmed me when their tower went missing, even though I only did that to bobacus one time. Chairs are a different story though. Smile

It wasn't disassembled. The keyboard was in one spot, mouse in another, so on and so forth. Hardware was still in the tower Razz

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I think that there are some good points made, but I have to say that many of you have not been to a LAN in a LONG time. The horseplay is no down to a reasonable level again, and we absolutely forbid it getting out of hand, especially with regard to other gamers equipment. No one is allowed to tamper with anyone elses computer, no rough housing around other peoples equipment, no abusive behavior at all is allowed, and frankly it is not happening.

People pretty much pick a game or two and stick to it.

I take issue with Shinare about the YRUC being a shitty location though. It provides an easy to set-up, and tear down and clean up location. It has a new fridge, tables, chairs, and restaurants close by. It is not hard to get to, granted it is about 12 miles west of the old Shepherd Mall location, but the Kilpatrick turnpike and I-40 make it easy to get to. If you don't have a pike pass (get one Smile ) it is still easy to get to via council road to 39th/Hwy 66.

It's not pretty, the AC gets weak in hot days, but it does the job. The best part of it is we can make noise, stay out late, bring alcohol, and many other things without ANYONE getting upset.

I would like another location like Duncan Equipment too, but no one has that. I don't like the idea of moving to a house, mainly because it limits new player access. Most people are not going to be comfortable with strangers in their house.

So here is my take on it. If you haven't come lately, come again and check it out. I plan to keep coming to the LAN until it just totally becomes not feasible to run it. Then I will invite those who I know will show up to come play at my house.

What I think is the real problem though is just plain laziness. I see a lot of people come occasionally instead of regularly because they can always find a reason not to come. Occasionally they get over themselves and come out. If people would just set aside one weekend a month to go game, we'd always have a crowd.

The thing is, it's fun....end of story...sign-up and come out.

Post Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

ok, I'll sign up, maybe, if you'll answer one question first: is this IL2 Sturmovik thing a real game, or another one of those jokey things people put on the signup? I assume it's a flight sim? either way, I don't have it, so if people really are going to want to play that, I'm gonna be miffed that I drove more than 200 miles to run around in a CoD server by myself.

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Anreill

We play IL2. Goahed, myself, Menos, Dan, and Bobacus all have it.

It's a flight sim. WWII time frame. $10 on Steam.

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm sorry if I offended with my description of the YRUC but I didn't exactly use the word "shitty". (OK, so I did say the words "sucks ass", heh) Its just not what I would say is a "prime" location to have a LAN at. However, since it does the job, and there are precious few alternatives if any, then there's no sense in complaining too much about it. Smile And you are right, I haven't been in a while, so maybe its time to give her another chance. Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:58 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill

Shinare wrote: I'm sorry if I offended with my description of the YRUC but I didn't exactly use the word "shitty". (OK, so I did say the words "sucks ass", heh) Its just not what I would say is a "prime" location to have a LAN at. However, since it does the job, and there are precious few alternatives if any, then there's no sense in complaining too much about it. Smile And you are right, I haven't been in a while, so maybe its time to give her another chance. Very Happy

Damn right. You need to show back up, we miss you running around in your PJs. Very Happy

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

I hate to admit nimda was somewhat right.

Taken from a post on OKGamers, where I went to attempt to recruit folks.

Now should I post an entire rant on how your type of gaming sucks? Cuz thats what happened everytime I went to that website. I got Verbally Assaulted Cry Well i'm not......welcome to OKGamers.com! We dont allow flaming on companies! I always wanted to go to one of your LANs but I was afraid of getting kicked out. Ensure your members are more friendly and more gamers will come I promise. I'm working on a COD league right now so all the PC gamers I will point in OKGG's direction!

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:25 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

It's the internets.......you need thick skin. Smile

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Anreill wrote: I hate to admit nimda was somewhat right.

Taken from a post on OKGamers, where I went to attempt to recruit folks.

Now should I post an entire rant on how your type of gaming sucks? Cuz thats what happened everytime I went to that website. I got Verbally Assaulted Cry Well i'm not......welcome to OKGamers.com! We dont allow flaming on companies! I always wanted to go to one of your LANs but I was afraid of getting kicked out. Ensure your members are more friendly and more gamers will come I promise. I'm working on a COD league right now so all the PC gamers I will point in OKGG's direction!

That's the guy who signed up and his first post was spamming OKGamers.com, his business.

Here's where he's spamming his commercial LAN center:
http://www.okgg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128014
Here's where some random guy from there gets mad:
http://www.okgg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128074

While I feel nimda may be on to something about the hostility, asking the opinion of those spammers will definitely net you a biased opinion.

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 am  View user's profile Send private message
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Brules wrote: It's the internets.......you need thick skin. Smile

Lans are a luxury. Think of it like bad service at a restaurant. If the food is good you might go back once or twice, but shitty service will ruin your fun and you will go spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

This train of thought, even by people who don't attend the lans, ruins the image of the OKGG as a friendly bunch of guys.

I agree that most of the stuff should be taken with a grain of salt but not all new people get that.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: